Friday, October 25, 2013

the weird shit I find on runs

One of the many benefits of my evening runs is the wonderful sights I see along the way.

I am truly enjoying my time to be one with nature, smell the flowers, bask in the crisp fall air, and gaze upon the sights of my small town such as:

-A teenage boy pissing on the side of the Super 8 motel, facing the highway, in daylight. I am not going to lie and say I have never peed outside of a hotel, but I try to do it out of the view of oncoming traffic...the back of the building may have been a better bet for this young man.

-The remains of someone's weave. I don't personally wear one so I am not sure how well these things stay in place, but whenever I see one on the road I assume it was ripped out in a fight.

-Condom wrappers. Were they sexing it up in the street? On the side of the road? I am all for being wild, but man oh man.

-A twenty dollar bill. This one made my damn night. Don't worry, I checked to make sure there was no one around who may have dropped it...the coast was clear so I snatched that puppy up and took manfriend out to dinner.

-A man clearly high on something fun boxing an imaginary opponent and yelling to thin air in the middle of a busy road. I steered clear to be honest...better he box thin air than me.

More like ice cream, but you get the picture

14 comments:

Tracie Everyday said...

It sounds like you live in a very fun place!

Morgan Sparks said...

WHERE do you go running?! Be safe out there. Sounds dangerous. Fun, but dangerous.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

ha! i run during the day so no weird shit for me but i'm sure if i ran at night, i'd see all kinds of strange things. the guy peeing made me laugh. why do guys feel NO WAY about that?

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Jordan said...

It sounds like you were running in my city! (Houston) I was walking out of the gym last week and saw an empty six pack box and condom wrappers. IT'S A GYM. What the fuck?

Monica said...

Haha one of the best parts of running outside is the shit you get to see!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

That sounds like some interesting finds! Woohoo on the twenty bucks!

jackie jade said...

haha well at least it keeps things entertaining! the 20 bucks was payment for dealing with all that other weird stuff.
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Kim Brown said...

Whaaaat- people are gross. After your story about your neighbors- is this all in front of their house ;)

Stephanie said...

Gross! Well, besides the lucky $20. I'll still stick to not running ...

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I work in a city and constantly happen upon pieces of weaves on the ground. I am also convinced they're there from a fight although that's probably not the case.

Chelsee W said...

So I have found Condom wrappers at the oddest places, and sure as hell am not going to pick them up lol

Anonymous said...

Condoms and money. I have found both of those, too! I found a $20 the other day and I was so stoked that I went and bought ice cream with it after my run. Oops. :)

Kristin O said...

Haha...OMG. Hilarious!! I run in the country so I usually just see cows and corn. Boo!!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

i'm pretty sure i've peed outside a hotel/motel, whatever. I cant keep track, my bladder isn't shy at all.

Runners do find the weirdest stuff though..