Thursday, October 31, 2013

The ghosts of Halloween past

Happy Halloween guys!

I love this day. So very much, because if there is one thing I love more than getting drunk, it is getting drunk in a costume. 

I don't have much time to post today on account of every department at my work created a haunted house and we are spending the day trick or treating and binge eating fun sized candy bars, but I did want to share a few of my favorite Halloween pictures with you...just in case you aren't in the spirit quite yet. 


Ahhh the old classic. A slutty insect. The worst part about this one was I somehow convinced my dad to let me make him a lady bug costume too and we matched for a Halloween party one of his co-workers threw. 




Speaking of my dad, a few years ago I was at my parent's house the week of Halloween and noticed a spare toilet in their garage (don't ask). I proceeded to take that porcelain thrown out the the front yard and made this bad boy. 


And here you have my take on Slappy the ventrilequist dummy from the Goosebumps Books. If you don't know who he is, you obviously didn't have a very good childhood because Goosebumps Books were the shit. R.L. Stein what.



The ever popular cat. Not very original but something you can throw together at the last minute for about $1.89.


Then there was the year I dressed up as Popeye. Or at least that's what I said I was, in hindsight I look like more of a slutty sailor. My main concern is why I thought it was a good idea to wear all white given how much I drink. I can only imagine how bad that looked by the end of the night.



A few years ago I rocked the Hamburglar. I also got to enjoy a Happy Meail before the bar in order to get a purse. I probably could have just asked for the Happy Meal box, but where's the fun in that. You should also note I allowed my boyfriend to duct tape my friend's boobs in the slutty construction costume picture above. She and I were far to drunk to do it.



Fred rocked a pimp suit last year. He is going as a kangaroo this year if I can get my act together in time.




A couple of years ago, I had no time to make a costume so I went with the old stand by of Zombie. I must say, applying Zombie make up is one of my all time favorite things to do.


This year I needed a costume that was small enough to fit in my carry-on as the party we went to was during our visit to Michigan and also cheap to counteract the gagillion dollar bar tabs I charged all week. We came up with Cheech and Chong. And it was friggen adorable. What is not adorable is that by the time we changed into our costumes (after spending 6 hours at a beer festival) we were too hammered to remember to take pictures. I am hopping some pop up on Facebook in the next few days but until then this is all I've got. My mustache you should note wound up on the ice luge approximately 30 minutes after I arrived at the party. 

11 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

lol i love all the costume pics! i was going to do a post similar to this but i can't find all of my halloween pics :(

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Morgan Sparks said...

Haha these are all awesome. Love the hamburgerlor (I'm also fairly sure I spelt that wrong).

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I can't wait to dress up tonight. And I'm 36.

Jordan said...

Damn you've dressed up a lot! My favorite is definitely Slappy. That was my shit going growing up!

Stephanie said...

I thought the Hamburglar was going to be my favorite and then I saw Fred in a pimp suit. Fred wins.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Halloween is my favorite! Love the costumes, especially Fred's!! :)

Helene in Between said...

that pumpkin though... so amazing. i wish i was more creative on Halloween. but Im not.

Miss Riss said...

Happy Halloween! That pumpkin and toilet thing is hilarious! It looks like something from a movie, hahaha!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Bahahahah @ "slutty insect"! Girl... Slappy always has and always will scare the ever loving shit out of me. I have nightmares to this day!!!!!!

Voyage of the MeeMee

Kristin O said...

Hhaha. Cheech and Chong is my fav by far!! So cute!! Happy Halloween!!

Anonymous said...

Those costumes are awesome!!! Love Cheech and Chong...

Also, that slutty sailor costume? Hawt! You look great in it!!!