Sunday, April 6, 2014

The ramada

fred in our temporary home

So if there was any doubt about whether or not I am a good blogger, I think we can all agree now that I am the worst!!


I really never meant to just stop posting, but then I moved to Denver and I have just been so busy exploring my new city.

I have been here for three weeks and three days now.  In some ways it seems like I just got here, and in others I feel so at home that I can't believe it hasn't even been a month.

I am certainly going to try and be less terrible of a blogger in the coming weeks, but I can't really promise that.  My job is no longer conducive to blogging at work (I love my new job by the way!) and I am just digging it here so much, I find myself pretty busy.  

I do want to tell you all about getting settled in and then I will probably just be writing a series of love letters to this city, because I am head over heels guys.

this dog loves hotels

After I accepted my new job in Denver I only had a month to get all my ducks in a row, move, find somewhere to live and start my new job.  A month as it turns out is not very long.

So I did what any reasonable adult would do and decided to wing it.

I booked a cheap hotel in dowtown Denver for the first few nights, but beyond that I just didn't know what I would do. 

I kind of imagined I would either find a sublease to learn the city before signing anything long term or staying at an extended stay to cut costs.

But then the Ramada we stayed at the first few days ended up being in a pretty cool location and when I went running the first morning I decided that was where I should live, so I made an appointment to see an apartment and leased the very first one I saw.

I am many things, but an over thinker is not one of them.

I wasn't able to move in for a week, and really didn't want to move all my shit out of the Ramada, plus they were accepting of a 100 pound dog so I worked my magic and got them to let me stay there for the week at a discount of 75 dollars off a night.

I instantly felt comfortable at my new job, and also in this city.  It's wonderful guys honestly it is.

Here are a few pics.  I will give you some more deets soon!!

I loaded all my worldly possessions into the ramada so my car would not look like an episode of hoarders for my first day of work.
headed out of the city for some rocks one day :)


5 comments:

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

So glad you are settling in and found a place to stay. Can't wait to see some of the sights that you are finding.

Tiffany Khyla said...

So happy that you're loving your new job! I would have been so stressed out if I had moved somewhere and hadn't found a place to live yet.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

while i'm over the moon that you're feeling right at home in such a short time (which is a sure-tell sign that this is where you are meant to be), i'm also sad that you're not blogging as much and that your'e much farther away because i thought we had plans to move in together and workout/run/be fitness douches together? no? that was just me? ok then.

but seriously, i'm so glad that you're settling right in. can't wait to hear more about it!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Miss Riss said...

So glad you're loving your new digs!! My new job doesn't really line up with blogging either and I'm STILL trying to figure out a new routine for blog reading/posting...stupid real life ;)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I'm glad you love your new city and job! And happy to see you blogging again!