Monday, April 7, 2014

My new place


As I mentioned before I really intended to do my due diligence when choosing a place to live in the great state of Colorado.  Instead, I went all impulsive like and leased a place my 
second day.

My job is about 20 miles outside of Denver. It probably would have been wise to live there, or maybe somewhere in the middle.

After spending the last three years in the ruralist of the rural of the country however, I knew I wanted to live downtown more than I wanted a short commute to work so that is what I did.

I have been in my place for a few weeks now and it's pretty great.  I live in a sassy little neighborhood filled with tattoo parlors, bars and great restaurants...and it's phenomenal.

My square footage is about 480...

there is no laundry in my unit, so I have been hitting up the laundromat and washing things in my tub.

....my bathroom smells a little bit like moth balls, my stove currently doesn't work, my rent is insanely high and I could not be happier.

I mean it. I could have found a really nice place in the suburbs I have no doubt, but I adore walking to coffee shops with Fred and traipsing home from the bar at the wee hours of the morning.

I love taking my pup on 98 walks a day going running through the cute streets of my hood and walking to yoga classes.  I pretty much have everything I ever wanted.

I had to buy all new furniture when I arrived so that partnered with the cost of the road trip, 10 nights in a hotel, and a few big bar tabs means I am pretty poor right now.  So poor I can't afford to decorate which is killing me, but I promise to post more pics when I can afford to buy throw pillows and art work for the walls.



before unpacking the first night

enjoying dinner on a storage bin...
I lived sans furniture for a week, once I bought a couch, Fred instantly stole the good spot.
I love my table!

13 comments:

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

Is it weird that I'm proud you made a big girl decision and stuck with it? Thats completely awesome that you did it!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

yay! so excited for you. when is manfriend joining you again?

also, email me your new addy please.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Tracie Everyday said...

It sounds amazing! I am glad everything is working out so well! Now, you need housewarming presents!

Morgan Sparks said...

Yay! It sounds amazing! I'm so glad that you are so happy!

Chelsee W said...

Wow this was a big move. Glad you lv it! I love that you ate dinner on the storage container...that is genius!

Helene in Between said...

you gotta do what you gotta do. i think it will be fantastic, smelly bathroom and all!

Stephanie said...

Aww I'm so glad you're loving it!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Looks so great and being close to everything I know must be the best part for you! Decorating will come location is everything!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Your table looks great!

Walking to everything is amazing. I'm glad you have that!

How long is the commute?

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I love that table! (The storage bin one, obvs!) ;P But seriously... that table and chairs are sweet!

Miss Riss said...

Love this! Sounds like you're in a good spot!

Chloe said...

I love this. Like, I can't even think of anything else to say except I'm happy for you and I love it. Is that odd?

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! While I have been gone, you changed the blog name, moved to Denver, have been to Austin!?! You were so close to me and yet so far! Yay! I'm excited for all the changes in your life! How have you been? (btw, finally reopened a little blog- no more champagne-n-pizza. It's now livingalifewellspent.blogspot.com.

So excited to catch up reading this little blog. :)