Monday, February 3, 2014

Poblano chicken chili

Winner, winner chicken dinner. That's what this bad boy of a recipe right here is, take my word for it.

Well I guess it's only a winner if you like your food spicy as shit like I do. But I suppose you could always mellow it out a tad if you don't.

I like it because it is way lighter than regular old chili (which I still happen to love thank you very much) and it is just a little different.



You Will Need:

(makes about 8-10 servings of chili)

-2 poblano peppers
-1 jalapeno pepper
-2 cans chicken broth (I use low sodium organic cuz I'm a dirty hippie)
-2 cans great northern beans
-1 can corn
-1 can diced tomatoes (read the back if you are clean eatin yo, some tomatoes have weird shit in them)
-1 package ground chicken
-3 cloves garlic
-1 small onion
-cumin
-chili powder
-salt and peppa

Directions:

-Pre-heat oven to 350.

-In a large pot begin browning your chicken in a little olive oil. Add in your diced onion and diced jalapeno.

-While that is cooking, place your poblanos on a sheet pan drizzled with a dab of oil. Stick them in the over and roast for 20-30 minutes (I flipped the little suckers once)

-Add chopped garlic to your chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and about 2 tsps each of cumin and chili powder.

-When the chicken is cooked add in your broth, tomato, drained beans and corn.

-Once the peppers are nicely roasted (they will be a little black) remove the tops and seeds and chop them finely. Add them to the pot and simmer for an hour or so.

I hooked manfriend up with a cheese quesadilla to accompany his chili. I decided to skip it because we only had flour tortillas and I just can't get down with those, corn is the way to go.

8 comments:

Helene said...

i've decided that im going to be limiting my carbs starting now and so im STARVING. please bring me this.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

This sounds so good. I wouldn't add as many peppers because I am a wimp but everything else looks so good.

Miss Riss said...

I might have to regulate the heat on this one, but it looks delicious! =)

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

my husband would be all over this. he pretty much puts pepper on EVERYTHING and i'm not talking about that sriracha pretend pepper stuff (although he loves that too) but real, scotch-bonnet-make-your-asshole-burn-the-next-day kinda pepper. will be bookmarking this.

thanks for the tip!

kathy
Vodka and Soda

Chelsee W said...

Lord what is up with all the tasty looking recipes today! This looks super yummy!

Tracie Everyday said...

That looks good! We make something similar and love it, so I will def try this!

Jordan said...

Ahhh this sounds so hearty and delicious. It's cold here today so this would be perfect!

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

This looks amazing! I must make it ASAP!